Friday, February 25, 2005

Sizes of things

I've had a request as to the sizes of the pieces I've posted. These are approximate, but here it is:

The quilt Ventanas III is about 14" x 9".
The pieces of fabric are all around 20" x 20", maybe a little more. Some of the pictures are zoomed so they don't show the entire piece of fabric, but the smallest sections are about 12"x12". From now on I promise to put in the sizes of what I've posted.

And another question: The Procion Black I used is Prochem 602A, and it has a definite blue cast. For the batik, I mixed it double strength: 1 T of dye in 1/4 cup of chemical water mixed with 1/4 cup of print paste. It came out pretty black, but when I diluted it to dye the extra pieces of fabric, those pieces came out greenish. Go figure. And then when I put the bleach on it (the discharge-batik), the colors are sort of tealy-blue and yellow. You just never know what you're going to get.